Tuesday 5 July 2016

Catching Up!



Hi Everyone!

So sorry that it has been a while since I’ve updated my blog.   I’ve been away and am now back but discovered I need to do major catch-up with all that’s needed to be done before   Spencer and I leave for Kilimanjaro in September.

Yes, it is coming up fast. Only two months away.  July and August are going to be very busy months. In the past two weeks, I’ve been doing major catch-up (see below) and will be restarting my blog posting as well.

I didn’t realize I had so much to do:
-          Meet with a personal trainer, put together  a training program for   mid-June all the  way through July and August
-          Started a diet program to get healthier  and to lose some major pounds to reduce the weight I’m carrying up Kilimanjaro
-          Go on multiple hikes  weekdays and weekends, hiking must now be ramped up
-          Connecting with more people who have been to Kilimanjaro and back.  One can never get too much heads up information for a successful climb.  I will be blogging more on this moving forward.
-          Lots of planning and meeting putting together a charity event for August 21st titled Answering The Call - a charity event for Alzheimer Society of BC and the Down Syndrome Research Foundation
-          Nailing down the travel plans for Africa, Kilimanjaro and the details of the actual climb dates, September 10 – 18.  Initially, the   climb was targeted for the beginning of October but   certain plans did not come through resulting in   us shifting the climb to the September dates as noted previously. It may prove to be better as a full moon is expected on the date of our ascent to the very top. Not sure if I’d mentioned it but the  ascent date to the top starts around midnight and we will be hiking in the dark with a full moon lighting our path way up (ok, I know it won’t make much of a difference)
-          Begin to start pulling all the necessary equipment together. It is a long list given we have to accommodate all weather conditions from very hot temperatures at the bottom of Kilimanjaro,  to potential heavy rain as we climb through the rain forest area, to desert like weather. Then we will be experiencing possible -10 temperatures with snow at the very top.

Can you tell I am behind and have a lot of fast track ramping up to do for July and August before we depart early September?

Until the next post , be happy…
Bill    (The Blind Guy who thinks he can climb Kilimanjaro!)

No comments:

Post a Comment