Tuesday 6 September 2016

Who would have thought?

Who would have thought? Me? In the papers and on radio?

In my wildest dreams, I never would have imagined myself featured in the media. It was the farthest thing from my mind when I started down the Kilimanjaro Challenge road. I never sought publicity for what I had planned for Spencer and myself. It was to be a quiet tribute for my wife of 35 years and supporting two charities in the process.  When Down Syndrome Research Foundation sent out their press release in early June on the planned August 21st Pink Pearl fund raising dinner event, Burnaby Now, a local paper, picked up the story. Check out the Burnaby Now article.

And then CBC Radio interviewed  Spencer and myself for the Early MorningEdition.  

It has been a phenomenal ride to date, never  knowing what will happen as I turn the corner on the Kili Challenge’s next step of planning for the actual Kili climb.

Until the next post. Happy hiking,
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment